Hands down it is one of the easiest ways to cook delicious and nutritious foods.
I love it so much, I have decided to give one away for free. Yep, I am giving away this crock pot right now! All you have to do is click this link, sign up, and you will be entered for your chance to win. This contest starts 12/19/15 and ends 12/25/15. The crock pot will be shipped right to your door, just in time for new foods for the new year.
But why do I love my crock pot so much?
Here are 10 reasons why the crock pot is the ultimate kitchen tool. If you have your own and agree with me on the awesome feeling of owning a crock pot, please share your sentiments in the comments below! I would love to hear from you.
Also included in each reason is a link to an awesome recipe to try, so come back often and try out some new meals!
- Cooking with a crock pot is easy. For the most part, unless you are making extremely complicated recipes, its as simple as pouring in the ingredients and letting things cook! The chili recipe that I use requires you to open up some cans. dump those cans in, top it off with a few spices, and voila! You are ready to go. Just flip the switch and go about your day. Then come home to find a delicious meal hot and ready for you.
- Fresh ingredients. Crock pot cooking allows you to mix together fresh ingredients for amazing flavor and taste. Broccoli, squash, and tomatoes make great additions to almost any crock pot meal. You can also try making stuffed peppers, with fresh cheeses and other fresh spices!
- Healthy cooking. Crock pots allow you to make delicious and nutritious meals right from home. You can use fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables to give a nice boost to your diet for the day.
- Time Saver. Crock pots save a lot of time in the kitchen, and it puts that time back into your pocket to do other things. Most meals only take 10-15 minutes to put together, and some meals even take less time. (My chili takes about 5 minutes to prepare). This time will lessen the more you make a specific recipe, as you wont need to take the time to figure out what you are doing!
- Money Saver. Using a crock pot can save a lot of money when compared with eating out. Eating out can cost about 20-30 dollars for two people, and that number only goes up if you add kids meals to it! Try making a cheaper crock pot meal that will provide multiple meals for you and your family throughout the week,
- The clean up can be really simple. Once the meal is all done cooking spoon it out into a container, and you will only have one major dish to clean out. To make it even EASIER, Try using a crock pot liner for maximum efficiency. Once the meal is done, take the liner out, throw it away, and you won’t even need to clean the crock pot at all!
- The delicious smells of cooking will pleasantly overwhelm your senses. Whether you are making bread, something sweet, or something spicy, the smells from cooking will fill up your home with wonderful aromas. This is probably one of my favorite parts about cooking at home!
- Can be a fun way to cook with kids. Teaching kids early on how to cook can be an excellent skill to pass on to them. Making healthy cooking fun will encourage them to eat healthier for the rest of their lives. Take the time to make meal times special and focus on healthy dinners that your kids will like to help you cook.
- You don’t have to worry about overcooking or burning food. Crock pots cook using low-heat over time. This means that it isn’t likely that your beef tips will come out burnt! Just the opposite is true actually, crock pot meals are almost always moist and tender.
- Crockpots are so versatile that you can cook almost anything in them. Just about any type of meat, vegetable, bread, or even dessert can be cooked in the crock pot. You can try just about anything and any type of meal will taste really good!
Using a crock pot is definitely a great way to make cooking really easy and delicious at the same time. I am personally using mine almost constantly, and I love the food that comes out of it.
Good luck on your own crock pot adventures!
-Jordan, Your Fiber Guardian