Learning how to write a book can seem like a daunting process, but once you finish you will realize it was all worth it.
My 177 page book (The Action Diet) launched on April 10th 2016. I still can’t quite believe it.
I started writing the outline sometime in early November of 2015.
In a span of just about 5 months my project went from an idea in my head, to my computer, and then to the world.
This blog post will be my attempt to share how to write a book, not sparing any details. It will serve as a complete guide to the process I followed to get it done.
I will also share (in detail) the timeline of when I accomplished everything. This was the biggest knowledge gap that I found when trying to figure out how to write a book. I tracked every single thing that I did into a spreadsheet which I will share later on.
For a quick jump on things, check out that spreadsheet right here. I have updated it slightly, but my original notes are intact: All eBook Steps Updated for Post.
You can also view the full interactive timeline here to see when I started certain parts of the project.
This is my attempt to fill that gap and to provide you with a solid timeline in which you can write, publish, and market a book.
I write this post for 3 reasons:
- I am extremely passionate about writing and sharing the thoughts that are rolling around in my head. I know that this is a website about fiber, but I also write about accomplishing goals. Writing my first book was a major life goal and one that I am very happy to have accomplished.
- I hope to be able to look back at this post one day and go “okay that is how I did it! Sweet! I am glad I wrote that down!”
- To share with you that you can do anything you put your mind to, no matter what the circumstances. If you know me by now, I am all about motivating people to reach their dreams. If you have ever thought about writing a book, what is stopping you? Don’t get in your own way.
Anyone can lose weight. You either read or hear about success stories all the time from friends, family, and co-workers. Why not you? Read on to find how to lose weight fast without making any major dietary changes. Dieting is an important role in the long-battle against weight loss, but it is possible to lose weight by making only a few changes right away.
Here are 7 practical tips to lose weight without dieting:
- Walk more- One of the easiest ways to lose weight is to walk more often. Walking is so easy to do because it doesn’t require any special equipment, and you can walk in any almost any climate. True, it might be difficult to walk consistently if you live in Alaska or by the South Pole, but even the eskimos can get a good walk in every once in awhile. Walking is one of my favorite activities, and I regularly walk each and every day. Shoot for about 10,000 steps per day to start to see the benefits of walking. http://www.fiberguardian.com/25-reasons-to-sneaker-up-and-go-for-a-walk/
- Focus on slowing down- Eating slow gives your body more time to digest by giving your brain time to receive the signal that you are full, and it also helps you to enjoy your food more. This is definitely a tactic that I struggle with today, but the key is to focus on it whenever you are eating. Eventually, it will become a habit and you will find yourself eating less and enjoying your food more.
- Out of sight out of mind- Keep unhealthy foods off your shelves completely or hidden from view. Resist the urge to buy unhealthy snacks when at the grocery store. Later on, if you just can’t fight the urge to have a delicious treat, you will have to go out of your way to get it. Better yet, walk to the local ice cream shop or grocery store to stay active even if you are indulging.
- Wait 5 minutes after eating for dessert- if you plan on eating dessert, wait at least 5 minutes to make sure you are even hungry enough for it. If you follow through with this plan, you will find that oftentimes dessert isn’t really needed, and it was really just a habit formed signal that your brain sent you. It takes time to fight off that signal, so take it slow with this one and just do the best that you can.
- Sit down at the table to eat- Sitting down with family while eating is a great way to eat more slowly and have good conversation. Mealtimes can be a great opportunity for family bonding and time together. Furthermore, natural conversation will help you to slow down while eating.
- Sleeping more and better- Sleep is so important for a healthy lifestyle, Unfortunately for most of us, sleep is the first thing to go when we start to get busy. Don’t take the road of sacrificing sleep for more hours. In the long run it will reduce productivity during your waking hours, and will lead to an increased level of stress.
- Take action- The final step in losing weight without dieting is to take action. It is one thing to read about tips and ways to lose weight, but at the end of the day you have to get off the bus and make the change. There are countless ways to accomplish the task of losing weight, the world is now open for you to choose one and get started.
Try these 7 tips today for a weight loss boost without the dieting. Dietary changes will be necessary eventually, but start here and learn as you go. You don’t have to figure it all out in one day.
-Jordan, Your Fiber Guardian
This is what Miranda and I created this morning:
This is the result of an idea I had after listening to “Level up Your Life” By Steve Kamb from Nerd Fitness. I figured it would be really fun to try to “level up” and since my wife and I are very competitive I roped her into the idea as well.
We will update as we go along, but the board above is where it all starts.
Watch this quick video for a full explanation of what we are doing:
There you have it! Cheer us on in the comments below, and feel free to go for team Jordan or team Miranda. I am sure I will level up faster! 😉
-Jordan, Your Fiber Guardian