Hello and welcome to Fiber Guardian. I will be your tour guide as you start your journey towards a brand new you.
The good news?
It only takes a few small changes to get started. One of those changes is to start adding more fiber into your diet.
Luckily, you just stumbled upon my site, and from now on you have a superhero on your side.
That’s right! The Fiber Guardian is here to save the day. Fiber is the quintessential substance that you need to be adding to your diet right now. Fiber can help you to:
- Lose weight
- Maintain bowel regularity
- Speed up the elimination of toxic wastes in the colon
- Has been shown to reduce high cholesterol levels and it can control blood sugar levels.
- Fiber comes in many different foods and it is not difficult to slowly work it into your diet.
This site goes into all of this and more. Browse some of my most popular articles below to get started. Will you let me become your Fiber Guardian? I’d love to join you on your journey towards better health!
Good morning sunshine! It is another bright and cheery morning. This is true whether it is actually sunny or raining where you are. Your day is what you make it, and if you look upon the rain clouds with a smile on your face, the world is going to always appear bright...
Hey there! Welcome to the second post in the Stepping Up Your Game series. Take a good long look at the picture above. Are you a busy bee or a busy beaver? Which one is more like you? I am a mix of both. Some days I am a busy bee and some days I am more like a beaver....
Don't let his smile fool you. The Sugar Beast thrives off of seeing us gorge ourselves on Twizzlers and candy canes. To start off our new blog series "Stepping up Your Game" we will talk about the dreaded sugar beast and how to defeat him. Sugar is the number #1 enemy...
Hello there Fiber Guardian Follower, I have the pleasure of announcing that there will be a brand spanking new series coming to a website near you. Most importantly, it will be right here on this website. The series will be called "Taking it to the next level." In...
Talking to myself here obviously... Yesterday, I was moving so fast around my kitchen that I opened the freezer door instead of the refrigerator door. This resulted in a bloody forehead and quite a few expletives. Oh me, oh my! I need to learn to slow down and be more...
Hey guys! It has been awhile since I last posted on here. I am sorry for the delay! Today I want to talk about a simple yet effective strategy for reaching your goals (whatever those goals might be). It is all about getting rid of one bad habit at a time. Bad habits...
Back several months ago I gave away a Fitbit Charge as a promotion. I had never worn a Fitbit before but I figured it went well with the theme of my site (losing weight by eating healthy and having fun). The giveaway was a major success, but I did not proceed to get...
I love my crock pot. Hands down it is one of the easiest ways to cook delicious and nutritious foods. I love it so much, I have decided to give one away for free. Yep, I am giving away this crock pot right now! All you have to do is click this link, sign up, and you...
An estimated 45 million Americans will attempt to lose weight this year through dieting. Still others will engage in a brand new fitness scheme like P90X, Insanity, or CrossFit. Some people will find success and many will not. In fact, those that diet are more likely...
This blog post is particularly relevant to me right now because I am on vacation! More specifically, my wife, the first lady of fiber herself, and I are aboard a train heading west towards California. We recently quit our jobs and are planning a move to GA to work in...
What Is Fiber?
- Fiber is the indigestible part of plant foods.
- It can be found in a variety of different foods.
- Fiber is an awesome part of any diet and it is key that you start eating it right away!
Why Should You Start Eating Fiber?
- Fiber can aid in your weight loss goals by making you feel fuller. The foods that are high in fiber tend to be really good for you in other ways as well (high in vitamins, protein etc.)
- Fiber can help to prevent diabetes by controlling blood sugar levels.
- Fiber aids in digestion and can help to keep you regular. This is especially helpful in people that are dealing with constipation AND/OR diarrhea. Adding fiber to your diet can help with both by adding bulk to your stool and helping it to pass through your system more efficiently.
- High Fiber foods are delicious so there is no reason NOT to start eating them!
How To Actually Start a High Fiber Diet?
- I go over this more in my post on How to Start and Maintain A High Fiber Diet but it is really easy to start.
- You need to first figure out How Much Fiber Do You Need Per Day? And then you will be able to find out what your daily goal should be.
- Start with an apple a day. It is a simple thing and you have surely heard that “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” and this is surely true. Just about any fruit will do, but apples are ideal!
- For a full list of foods see my page on The Fiber Content of Foods or watch the quick video below for an intro!
Regardless of your question about fiber, we have the answers for you. Also be sure to sign up to our mailing list to be updated when we post new fiber related things.